The Need Is Staggering..
As you are reading this, Idaho veterans from all walks of life are suffering from homelessness. Regardless of who they are and where they come from, they all have one thing in common. They served and sacrificed in the defense of our great nation. You can help.
What Is The HUD-VASH Program?
– A partnership between the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the local Public Housing Authority.
– Offers pernament and affordable housing via a Housing Choice “HUD-VASH” Voucher to low income veterans.
– Promises veteran participants ongoing case management by licensed VA social workers.
– Locally, the HUD-VASH program supports veterans in the Treasure Valley and Magic Valley areas of Idaho.
– Dependable monthly rental income.
– Veterans recieve case management and support services through the Boise VA.
– HUD-VASH case managers conduct monthly home visits to support veteran tenants in developing and strengthening skills and resources to maintain housing.
– Local Housing Authority conducts Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections to ensure the unit is being maintains in accordance with lease and HUD requirements.
– An opportunity to serve those who have served our nation.